“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” ~ Steve Jobs
Some people have the mindset that work is work; it’s a luxury if you enjoy what you do. I don’t believe that. I believe when we find the jobs and careers that light us up, we are happier, healthier, and more fulfilled.
It takes planning to design the career you want. It also requires reflection and introspection. That’s why I’m sharing the Career of Your Dreams Toolkit as this month’s Your Aha! Life Journey Accelerator.
In the Career of Your Dreams Toolkit, you’ll find exercises to help you:
- Define what work means to you – what’s important in a job or career
- Get clear on your career aspirations and interests
- Develop your Career SWOT
- Match your strengths and skillsets to careers
- Consider whether a job or career change is right for you
- And more
THE CAREER OF YOUR DREAMS TOOLKIT
The Career of Your Dreams Toolkit is for your career exploration and planning. You can use some or all the tools depending on where you are in your career.
- Helpful tools to begin with include: The Five P’s of The Ideal Job, Ideal Job Vision Board, Ideal Job Venn, and Career Aspirations.
- When you are ready to match your interests and skills with potential jobs or careers, try these: Matching Strengths and Careers, My Skillset, My Achievements, Hobbies & Interests
- And if you’re at a turning point where you’re considering if a job or career change is right for you, these tools are extremely helpful: Career or Job Change, Possible Selves, Career Reflection, and Job Satisfaction Wheel.
These are just some of the many tools and resources available to you in the Career of Your Dreams Toolkit Accelerator. Print the worksheets and create your own personal career planning workbook.
If you have any questions about this Accelerator or would like to share how you’re using it to create your career plan, I’d love to hear from you. Email me at email@example.com.