“You are the writer of your own story.”
How many times have you written your professional résumé? Each time you write your résumé, you tell a version of your story. You give a summary of your career objectives, education, job experiences, professional accomplishments, and affiliations.
It’s likely that you are better equipped to summarize your professional story than your personal life story. With the Personal Life Résumé Accelerator, you can now write the rest of your story.
For many people, the Personal Life Résumé adds clarity to their professional résumé. It becomes easier to see the connections between who you are and what you value and the work you do. For some, it has led them to see incongruencies in their lives and has helped them to make better decisions to bring their lives into alignment.
In the Personal Life Résumé, you will:
- Write your life aim and aspirations
- Identify your most meaningful life experiences
- List your key attributes and core values
- And much more
When you finish, you will have a story of your life that tells who you are, what makes you unique, what you want, how you like to spend your time, how you contribute, and what matters most to you.
Personal Life Résumé
Just as you do when writing your professional résumé, take some time to reflect on your life. Read the headings and consider your responses carefully. Ensure that they represent you – your story – and not who you think you should be or who others think you are. Update your Personal Life Résumé as often as needed. Keep it where you will see it and refer to it regularly.
- Follow the instructions found in the Accelerator.
- When finished, read the summary of your Personal Life Résumé, and answer these questions:
- Does the Personal Life Résumé reflect meaningful experiences and milestones in your life?
- What was difficult for you to answer? Spend more time in that area.
- How does your Personal Life Résumé help inform other areas of your life (e.g., career, life purpose)?
- Is there anything you will do differently as you move forward in life?
- What surprised you?
If you have any questions about this Accelerator or would like to share an Aha! you can email me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you.
P.S. If you’re interested in seeing another version of a completed Personal Life Résumé, click here.